Thursday, May 19, 2011

Numbers for my children...

For my children to someday appreciate---
2,920--the number of diapers used in our house just this year.
5,475--the number (conservatively) of diapers I will have changed between the 2 of you by the end of the year. (counted from Jaxon's birth)
2,190--the number of bottles made, delivered and washed between you both
3 days--the amount of time a container of formula lasts. which means...
122--cans of formula consumed by Little Miss in a year. And...
$2,798--the cost of a year of formula (Thank GOD for insurance!!)
1,095--meals made, delivered and cleaned up from in a year.
5-- loads of laundry done this week...mind you it's only Thursday!
10-- appx number of times I wipe a dirty face clean--every. single. day.
10--the number of times said washing of face= crying.
9--times I've heard the same toy play the same song...Today.
3--number of time you 2 have cracked each other up in our day so far.
3--snuggles enjoyed before naps.
5--Please and Thank you's from Jax-man.
2-- "Hi Sister...how are you doing??"
1--I love you Mommies today.

So...I started this day out in a pretty terrible mood. I was tired. Didn't want to wake up. Didn't want to change diapers again, make bottles again, didn't want to add to my numbers...blah blah blah. But the first words out of Jax' mouth this morning were "Hi Sister...how are you doing?" and as you continued your conversation through the slats of the crib and eventually dissolved into laughter, the switch flipped. For all of the days where I feel heavy from the responsibility of parenting 2, overwhelmed by challenge and shear size of the "job", for the days when I just-don't-want-to...you give me moments like this. Moments where you find such joy and love in each other (or me and daddy) that I can not imagine my life to be anything else BUT your dirty faces, bottles, diapers and laundry. And so all of those other numbers will never be bigger than the ONE moment where you show me (again and again) that I am right where I am supposed to be. With you.


No comments: