Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring Break

Over Spring break Jax and Camren's Meemaw (my mom) decided that it was high time to get out of the valley and head to the beach for some better-well better everything-but specifically scenery, air and SAND! ;-) Poor Justin had to work 3 of the days that we were gone but that didn't stop me from loading up the kiddos and the car and hitting the road!
Camren (again so unlike her brother) LOVED the sand. She loves it in her toes, in her hands and especially in her mouth!
Jax had a great time playing and running on the beach with B and Tia...but take note of his foot wear. He refused to be in the sand barefoot until the end of the trip.
The house we rented was close enough to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to make it worth a day trip. The Aquarium is one of my favorite places on earth so I was really stoked when BOTH kids loved it! Jax had a great time at the Penguins and Otters and Little's loved any tank that had fish.
He really loved the Penguins! ;-)
Camren wanted those dang fish! She would jump and flap and screech and lunge with all her might trying to get a mouth on a fish...crazy determined girl.
During Sister's nap time B and I decided a trip to Santa Cruz is never complete with out a visit to the Boardwalk arcade.
lol...our first cheesey self portrait. Jax was so excited to SEE our picture after I took it.
Playing air hockey on a Jax-sized air hockey table with B.
It was a great trip. The kids enjoyed the change of pace-as did I. We loved this location and had such a great experience that another trip was planned-this time with Gramz! I know I am looking forward to Memorial Day weekend when we can "party" with our cousin Wyatt! And you can believe there'll be a blog update on that! ;-)

No comments: