Justin worked on the 4th this year-so the kids and I decided to spend the HOT day with MeeMaw and Mamoo. Why be cooped up in the house at home when we can play with someone else?? And play we did! Atwater is a small community to the north of Merced. Every year they have a small parade and then a craft show with lots of yummy food. There is also bounce houses and the local FD has out rigs for water play. We made it out for the end of the parade and long enough to walk around with my Aunt and Uncle before throwing in the hot, sweaty towel and high tailing it for the AC.
After a good cool down and a nap, we headed outside to play in the water for a bit. Well...Jax and I played in the water. Camren played in the mud. She LOVED it. Loved it in her toes, her hands...her mouth. But at least she stayed cool...right?
After Sister went to bed, Jax and I went in search of sparklers. We found none but I did grab one Non-moving, Non-screaming firework. We all love and know Jax...and in knowing Jax, we know that he can have surprising reactions to things-especially things that are loud or startle him. I was prepared for him to hate the fireworks (which is why I only bought 1) and SURPRISE--he loved it and kept asking for more. Dang it! Next year kid...I promise!
Luckily MeeMaw swooped in to the rescue with Poppers. He got a great kick out of throwing those little suckers his hardest on the ground and hearing that satisfying POP. From what I understand this was not his first go round with Poppers and had practiced with them during his visit with B.
MeeMaw, Jax and I sweating in the front yard after firework (no "s")
The next day my Sister-in-Law Becca came by with the cousins Elijah and Lilly. We were able to get the girls to freeze long enough for a picture but those boys were running a mile a minute! It was a great holiday...a hot one but what else would you expect from a Central Valley Summer?

1 comment:
I love Camren's 4th of July outfit. So cute!
Post a Comment