This week is a big week for the little _______ (insert your gender of choice) inside! Officially, it is about 2 inches long and about the size of a Lime. Reflexes begin to develop during week 12. Fingers begin to open and close, toes curl, eye muscles clench and the mouth starts making sucking movements! (already a big eater like its parents ;) ) The coolest thing is that if I prod my stomach--the baby will squirm in response-even though I still can't feel it! I love to do this...Justin gets mad and tells me to quit squishing his kid, which probably makes it more fun to do! lol
The intestines have grown extremely fast and protrude into the umbilical cord, but are beginning their decent into the abdominal cavity. The kidneys have started to produce and excrete urine into the bladder. Yes...its peeing in me! Way more gross than being peed ON. Nerves continue to grow and the eyes have moved into their proper place.
On the momma front...I've been battling allergies and a cold this past week. Not an easy feat to accomplish with OUT drugs and while living in the valley. To battle back, I've been sleeping-alot, drinking-alot and eating--even more than a lot! Thanks to a new humidifier...easy breathing is in my future!
much love,
Justin and Robin
Valentine's Dinner
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment