Here we are at week 13, which marks the end of the first trimester. As of this weekend, I am officially in my 2nd trimester! As well as being a good time marker, the second trimester also has a much lower risk of miscarriage--so I can breathe a little easier--but for long the baby (and uterus, which is the size of a grapefruit) are starting the migration up my torso and will eventually press against my inner organs & lungs, in turn.
For the baby-its own distinct fingerprints are now present on the fingers. The veins and organs are visible through its still transparent skin. Vocal cord development starts this week, too. If it is a girl, she already has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries! On the boy side...he's been producing testosterone for about 3 weeks now! No wonder I've been soo tired this week...thats a lot of work! We will be able to find out the gender at my 18 week appt (if Justin can wait that long) which will be scheduled for the end of October. This week the size (measured from nugget to booty) is about the size of a peach or medium sized shrimp (about 3 inches) and weighs in at about a full ounce!
I finally broke down last night and bought my first pair of maternity pants...I resisted at first, but the belly band isn't working too well and I'm tired of sucking it in unsuccessfully. Anyhow, I caved and I LOVE them...mostly cause they are comfy and I can breathe again!
We'll keep you posted...next week is our 14 week check up!
much love,
Justin and Robin
Valentine's Dinner
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment