
So...here is the lesson that I have learned about OB's and their practice--when it comes to determining how far along a person is...They have NO idea. I mean you really can't blame them, it is a literal shot in the dark...but its a source of frustration for me!
That being said...the new due date is March 30th. Which would put us at 10 1/2 weeks and counting. At the Dr, we were able to get another ultrasound! It was amazing to see the huge changes that have happened in only 4 weeks! I could see arms and legs both failing wildly. The little bugger was hopping up and down my uterus--and I still can't feel a thing, which seems to be lucky cause this is one active baby! The ultrasound picture shows the baby's profile on the right, chest center and arms and legs very faintly. Sorry its sooo blurry...you'll just have to see it in person!
Developmentally here's whats been happening~This week (or at some point in time) the baby is the size of a kumquat (random fruit, I know) is a little longer than 1 in-bottom to crown and weighs in at a whopping 1/4 ounce! It is now officially a Fetus-meaning that the most critical development is over and know the growth spurts really begin. The baby is kicking and swallowing up a storm. Tiny fingernails and fuzzy hair are developing (since I'm LOVING spicy food...its probably alotta hair!) The arms and legs can bend, the spinal cord is visible as are the nerve endings that are spidering out from the cord. It still has a sizable bulge at the forehead (which is slowly fading) to aid in brain growth. Again it could be genetic---have you seen the size of my husbands head?? ;) kidding.
Over the next few weeks, the baby will again double in size! We have another appointment on the 30th of September, which will be week 14. A gender peek ultrasound can be done anytime after that appt (off site) Or another will be done at the 18 week check which would be the last week in October--so you better be putting in your votes and getting the bets going!
much love,
Justin and Robin

No comments:
Post a Comment