Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 3 months old!

This past month has brought so many changes in this Little Girl (at 11lbs & 23in)! Let's start with all of the best stuff...Camren Grace is such a smiley girl. She loves to flirt with anyone who'll give her attention--looking sideways, batting her eyelashes and then the eyes light up and a big 'ole gummy cheeser follows! Cam is also quiet the talker. She spends a lot of her day cooing and grabbing at various toys that Jax brings to her. The girl is strong and is able to control her head well enough that she's spending time in the beloved Bumbo chair everyday. But by far the best news of the month is that she is working on her giggle and sense of humor! She is super ticklish (under the chin and tops of the thighs especially). I probably spend too much of my day torturing-I mean tickling- her coaxing out that baby giggle that makes me tear up every time!
On the good but not as good as all that other stuff side...Camren is still battling with reflux and allergies. We are lucky enough to have met with a pediatric GI specialist this week who has confirmed that she needs more medication that she was currently on (YAY!) and had many suggestions to help with pain management. Let me tell you people-we have one tough little girl on our hands! Camren displays what is called Sandifer's symptoms (or syndrome) which is repeated body movements to help cope and alleviate pain. It kills me to know that she's so uncomfortable that she's had to develop those skills but at the same time I marvel at her survival skills! This should all go away once we get her meds and formula all evened out which could take up to 6 weeks. :( In the mean time we are taking it day by day and trying to stay positive!
Here are some pics of our favorite girl!
I can't get Jax to sit still for HIS Red Chair pictures but can't get him out of the way for Camren's! sheesh
First go round in the Bumbo seat!
woo hoo....we have thigh rolls! Yes I did have to take a picture of her chubs. I've been so obsessed with her weight gain...these little chubbers are proof that she's gaining and thriving!

No comments: