Tuesday, December 28, 2010

4 Christmases

Merry Belated Christmas!
Jaxon and Camren are lucky enough to have 4 sets of Grandparents that wanted to spoil and love on for Christmas. Unfortunately none of you live near us...so Justin and I packed the Tahoe to the gills with presents, kids, kid stuff and dogs and hit the road! (btw..."road trips" are not as spontaneous or dare I say fun when you've got 2 little ones! Those guys need a lotta stuff!!)
We started off our week long Christmas tour in the Bay area at Papa Bob and Nana's house. Saturday night Jaxon, Camren, Justin and I got fancied up to make an appearance at the company Christmas Party. Jax and Cam were such a hit that I am pretty sure no one even knew Justin and I were there! ;-) But it was a Great opportunity to get our first (yes first) official Family of Four picture!
Look hard...Camren's there somewhere under the bow!
Brand new cousins...Wyatt and Camren had partied themselves right out!

Sunday night was our first Christmas of the year (sounds funny doesn't it?) and it was a Simmons' Christmas! Jaxon became quite the pro at opening gifts...any gift...his or not! Hearing his "OH WOW!" and watching his feet stomp in excitement was an experience unlike any other. I was so enthralled by my son that I totally forgot to open any of the rest of the gifts we'd been given. Camren conked out for the present portion of the evening this year but watching Jax gave me a sneak peak at where my girl will be this time next year!
The Simmons' Clan

Our next stop on our Tour de Christmas was Thursday night in Merced at my Mom's house for her annual Christmas get-together. This year family, friends, and good neighbors were in attendance. It was nice to catch up with family we haven't seen in a while. Jaxon was running around all crazy like with his cousin Elijah and buddies Garrett and Gannon for most of the night and Camren (again) slept in various arms around the room. I didn't realize that I would enjoy watching other's love my children as much as I do...but I did.
Jax, Aunt B and Daddy snacking on appetizers under the table. He thought this was AWESOME.
Our annual family picture, which took a break from being a pic in our pj's to give Santa Hats a try...next year back to pj's, right Mom?? ;-)
G-ma and her grandbabies...Elijah, Jaxon, Camren and Lillian

Next stop?? Plainsburg for Christmas Eve with my Dad and Kristi. The night was full of traditions- Christmas Story on the tv, gravy, biscuits and hashbrowns for dinner, stockings and gifts. This year Kristi shared one of her families traditions with us and made (forgive me!) Pleter(?)=Swedish pancakes with berry jams. It was pretty yummy and I enjoyed them much more than mince meat pie! (sorry dad!) In that past we have also decorated a stocking but this year with the kiddos running on empty, the stockings were put on hold. We're thinking Christmas in July party this year!
Grandpa Doc and the boys doing stockings

Woah...Tractors!! And these were seriously the most difficult tractors to get out of the packaging...it took knives, fire, saws, the jaws-of-life...it was tough stuff!

My intention was to spend Christmas morning at the Fire Station with Justin and our children. Unfortunately, between my memory (forgetting Cam's meds in Merced) and the weather (awful fog) we decided it best for Jax, Cam and I to stay in Merced. We missed our Daddy dearly but were able to skype with him through out the day. So instead we started our morning at G-ma's house with stockings on Aunt B's bed! (no one sleeps in when the Simmons' are around!)
Jaxon getting into his stocking

Camren and her stocking


The last of our Christmases came on Monday with a visit from Gramz and Bob-o. It was so nice to have part of the Christmas celebration take place in our own house! True to form Camren slept through most of the visit but did get some good snuggle time with Gramz while Jax napped. Jaxon had a blast playing with his new stuff and by this time was an old pro at tearing through the gift wrap and diving right in!
Jaxon and Gramz getting their creative flow going.


Showing off his gift wrap destruction skills

Jax loves his new ride...it's the first thing he goes to every morning!

So here we are about to ring in the New Year and are feeling, no more than feeling, knowing that we are infinitely blessed with friends and family. Thank you for being a part of that!

No comments: