Monday, May 28, 2012

Who needs "L's"?

Not I.  Nor does Jaxon, as far as I am concerned.  There are so many things about my little (sigh) boy that aren't so little any more.  For one, his legs dangle down to my knees when I hold him, when I get to hold him.  He has opinions about everything.  He corrects my terminology when I am incorrectly identifying a vehicle. (No, that's a dirt bike Mom)  But the thing that makes me stop in my tracks and notice just how grown up he is becoming is the correct  pronunciation of words.  For now, P's stand in for F's (Past for Fast) and S's are still hard.  But I can deal with those.  Here are the words/phrases that will break my heart to hear spoken correctly.
~ Handy Mmm-nanny.  It cracks me up every time. And hard as he tries, he can't get rid of that "N" sound.
~Toe-got (forgot).  As in "Mom, I almost toe-got my hat."
~Titer (Sister)  I just love hearing him say anything about Camren.
and the kicker
~Yub...I Yub you. The day I hear the word LOVE come out of his mouth...It will be all over. 

 Water works galore.  Water works just thinking about it...so correct pronunciation be damned.  I'll keep my Bub 3 as long as humanly possible.  
**Spell Checker had a field day with this post! ;-) **

No comments: