Over the past 2 1/2 years, I have had my share of, um, shall we say "challenging" photographic experiences. From jumping On the chair, to jumping Off. Rolling and spinning around. Turning backwards and refusing to smile. Oh and please don't forget melt downs galore by the King himself. But none- NONE- of those minor speed bumps compare to the antics of Camren Grace Marie during this 10 month shoot.
It started out as all Red Chair shoots go. Grab baby. Put baby in chair. Make ridiculous noises and dance around to grab attention and induce smile all while maintaining cat-like reflexes to hit the button at just the correct moment and capture The Smile. My 1 mistake...I didn't move the chair away from the window. So no matter what I did, the window held more appeal. And then, she started climbing...up the back of the chair.
And then up ONTO the window seal. She did all of this completely solo. (while her mother stood closely by in a stupor. Seriously...who climbs like a spider monkey like this?!?) Luckily, I shook off the shock and was able to grab pictures and video, because she did her climbing act multiple times. Time to rearrange the living room furniture?
So besides climbing like a bad vine, Camren is the silliest little goof. Above is her favorite smile. (which is why getting pictures of her is so dang hard!!) She loves to dance (picture wild arm flailing while bouncing on her knees) chase Jax around and screech like a true girl. Tricks include clapping and waving, making truck noises (I know...right?) and blowing kisses (this is a work in progress)
Meal time has become a true adventure. Smearing food on her face, in her ears/eyes and in her hair seems to be the main goal lately. Purees are complete history and if Cam can't feed herself-she won't eat. But she's obviously doing a great job feeding herself because 2 weeks ago she finally made it to the 70% for weight (20lbs even!!) and 90%!!!! for height at 29 3/4 inches! woo hoo!!!
While still in an fierce "momma phase", Camren seems to have no fear. She is curious and greets new situations head on. Between her "I can do it" attitude, her sparkly eyes and lack of fear--I am excited to see what this little girl has in store for the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment