Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red Chair Alert--8 months old!

At 8 months old, this girl is growing like a weed! Gone are the days of worrying about her growth percentiles--we just reached the 60th% for height and weight!! At 18 1/2 lbs and almost 28inches long, her GI confirmed that we have a healthy girl. Today is the first day that Camren will be off all medication since she was about 6 weeks old. Her reflux seems to be controlled (thanks in part to her major growth spurts that let her anatomy catch up) and for the past 3 weeks she has been doing well on half doses. Our GI is pretty confident that she will do well on the med wean. Our last hurdle is to continue holding off on all milk and soy products for the next 3 months. Sometime in September we will begin testing her system with milk- straight up whole milk. I'm a little anxious about this so it's a good thing I have 3 months to get used to the idea of putting something we've deemed toxic to her system in her bottle!
What else has month 8 brought us?? HAIR! ;-) Miss Camren's hair is showing up more and more by the day. And with the right encouragement there is a curl or two that will appear! All of these new hairs make dressing and accessorizing so much more fun...her bow collection is growing!
I am also proud to announce that her top left tooth has officially joined Team Chompers and the top right should be arriving any dang day now. (this momma is tired of teething children, thank-you-very-much)
Little's continues to push the limits and seems bound and determined to show Justin and I that even though we thought we knew what we were doing this time around...we don't. lol. She is officially crawling. Pulling up on anything that will stand still long enough (and tries on things that won't-like the dogs). Is cruising around the furniture and ottoman. Will use toys to help her climb up higher. Loves to jump-on. the. Couch!! And is using walking toys to help her WALK places (crawling is old news now I guess?) I am trying to mentally prepare myself for her first steps which, according to popular belief, will more than likely happen by summer's end. Yay shoe shopping! Little's is also in the midst of a fierce Mama's Girl streak, which sounds a lot more endearing than it really is. But she loves to laugh, loves to be tickled and gives The Best 2 handed, open-mouthed, slobbery kisses I've ever had. LOVE this girl...

No comments: