
Ten things to know about 2 year old Jax...
1. You make THE best noises ever...animals, trucks, cars, fire engines...they all have their own sound and you copy them well! You have even begun to copy Camren's screeches and growls. For a while there I was worried that you would never actually use words--you love noises and sound effects That much!
2. Speaking of trucks...you love anything with wheels and my house has become overrun with tractors, monster trucks and trains! But I love the way you take your tools and "work" on your trucks just like your Daddy.
3. Thumbs up. It's your new favorite gesture (only recently replacing the fists in the air ala Rocky). The thumbs are accompanied by a hearty "All Right!" or perhaps a "cool dude". It cracks me up and makes me shake my head every time.
4. Strawberries. To say you love them is an understatement. You recently stole an entire bowl that I was using to make a dessert! One minute they are on the counter, the next you are sitting watching a show munchin on my berries! They must be hidden from your site at all times or you will polish the entire box the minute we get them!
5. Your Doggies- Pike and Halli. Even though they've been here your whole life, you are just noticing them and appreciating their comedic potential. Chasing Halli with a ball (a little backwards) or blowing bubbles for her to chase are two of your favorite giggle inducing activities of late. Pike tends to stay out of your wrestling matches with Hal, but is always ready for his pre-bedtime snuggle with you on the couch. Their names are some of the first you learned and used regularly. (Halli Pike...NO NO!)
6. Ready...set...GO! Thanks to your Aunt B--you are a racing fool. Complete with the starting stance and everything. It's our go-to when you are stalling on a walk...throw out a race challenge and off you go again!
7. Bunnies--It would be a serious mistake to not mention Your Bunnies. (in case you don't remember) They are blue with white polka dots. You fell in love with one at 4 months old and we quickly purchased another for emergencies. You have slept with them every single night since then. And now you know there are 2 and need both to sleep. They are your loveys, your comfort items, your best things.
8. Your Guitar. It was a birthday gift from Russ and Ashley and you haven't let it out of your site. The day you got it you had to give "Guitar" a hug and kiss before taking a nap! Often the first word out of your mouth after nap time is Guitar. The funny thing is that you totally know how to hold it and strum on it. You can thank G-ma for your guitar exposure cause it sure didn't come from your Dad or I!
9. Dance Party Mania...I know that I have said you "love" many things during this blog...but no joke kid, you LOVE dancing! You reserve your best dance moves for B, Tia and Mamoo but will dance just about anywhere and to any type of music. I, however, am not allowed to participate in said Dance Parties. But we do tend to break it down with some amazing car dancing moves anytime we are driving! Black Eyed Peas remain at the top of your favs. Add in your new guitar and you are one cool kiddo!
10. I always assumed that any child of mine would be awesome. But you continually exceed my expectations. You are smarter, stronger, funnier and kinder than I could have ever hoped for. Your sensitivity and dashing good looks are a killer combination! ;-) You make every day an adventure (sometimes those adventures are more fun than others...thank you terrible two tantrums!) I love you more than I could have ever imagined and can't wait to see what you have in store for me this year!
*pictures courtesy of Laycee Lemons photography

1 comment:
love this!!!
Post a Comment