Wednesday, September 22, 2010

18 months old!!


I can't believe that it's been a YEAR and a HALF since this buddy came to live with us. As I write, he is now closer to being a 2 year old than he is to being a 1 year old. But if you were to ask him...he's 18mo going on 18years! If you haven't been lucky enough to experience/enjoy/stare in awe and amazement (or horror) at Jaxon's new found independence--let me tell you it is something else! What ever the task at hand he wants to do it himself!! And if you offer your help before he is ready or wants it--watch out! A melt down is sure to ensue. (he does an excellent impression of the Exorcist)
But I kid. Although he is fiercely independent, Jax is also very sensitive and most tantrums end with his embarrassed cry that it happened in the first place! He showers us with hugs and kisses, along with his High-5's and knuckles. Dance parties (hilariously entertaining!) and pretending to cook have become his favorite indoor activities.
Jaxon is also in a fun phase of mimicking you. From the way he sits at the table minus a high chair now (arms crossed and elbows on the table) to the way he dances or bosses the dogs around (No! NO! dogs) EVERYTHING is copied from someone else. This has made all of us hyper aware of our actions (and words!)
Life with an 18mo old is certainly nothing like I thought it would be. It is so much more difficult, entertaining, heart breaking and heart filling than I ever imagined it being. And as exhausted as I am at the end of the day, I realize that I am infinitely blessed by this boy of mine!

Eating Half Birthday cupcakes in the Red Chair.
(who said I was above bribery??)
At the zoo with Daddy
really?? pregnant lady takes picture with the ELEPHANTS?? lol. I just realized this and it's totally cracking me up! Anyways...my big boy Jax and I (at 35weeks pregnant!)



1 comment:

Pepper said...

Still craking up about the comment on the picture of the elephants. So funny!