I write this with a mixture of joy and sadness. When I decided that I would take and share pictures of Jax each month in the infamous Red Chair, I knew that it was going to take some serious dedication on my part (and, quiet frankly, memory power that I don't have). But here we are one year later and I've done it...I have wrestled this little monkey into the chair each month and weaseled blog worthy smiles out of him! And as thankful as I am that we are now moving to a bi-yearly photo shoot...I am sad. Sad that a year has flown by, sad that those moments are gone, sad that my "baby" is no longer a baby. (insert sniffling sounds here)
But there are some cool things going on with this big kid. He is sooo close to walking that Justin can hardly stand it! He has taken steps multiple times only to realize that-son of a gun--we let go of his hands...and he drops to the floor! I know that I have mentioned before that Jax talks all of the time...but I think I just had no idea what exactly "all of the time" meant...but I do now! He talks and talks...about the dogs, to the books and trees and what he sees while we are driving...he talks. And his newest conversational trick is to emphasize his point with hand gestures! It cracks me up to watch/hear him...."dadada gog uh uh dat....oohh" all with his hands windmilling at his sides. And I know that I don't need to tell you all this...but he really is a great kid and We are fortunate to have him.
Here's a look at just how far he's come....
First Family Photo
First Red Chair Picture

No comments:
Post a Comment