Tuesday Jaxon had his 1 month old check up with Dr. Jones (who loves Jax and refers to him as "his baby") The boy was thoroughly insulted by being woken up from his nap, stripped naked and poked and prodded--not that I can blame him! When it was all said and done, we were given our first measurements--11 lbs 4 oz, 22 in and 16in head circumference--which put him in the 75th percentile for his age.(really I don't get the whole percentile thingy--but whatever!) So he's definitely gaining weight appropriately...which I coulda told you...what with the way this boy goes AFTER the bottle! ;)
Jax was also having some discomfort while eating and the Dr. prescribed putting rice cereal in his bottles to try to ward off any reflux issues that are happening. So he is now eating 3-4 oz every 3 hours or so during the day-with a little rice cereal added in!
He has us on a pretty good little routine which starts around 7 am every morning with bedtime for him around 7 (ok--ours too). He loves his bath time and will play in the water just as long as we will let him! Through the night-he generally wakes up between 2-3 and again at 5-ish. Not too bad for a guy who started out sleeping only 1-2 hours a night between feeding! Justin and I are holding our breath that it keeps getting better!
Hope all is well with you--
much love,
Justin, Robin and Jaxon

No comments:
Post a Comment