Since I am a little late getting out this week's blog (seriously time for a new computer...gggrrr) and I know that next week is going to be full of Holiday festivities-I've decided to double up our information. Here we go...
Week 28- Research says that our guy is anywhere between 14 1/2 inches and 16 inches long! He should be weighing in at approximately 2 1/4- 2 1/2 pounds. However, since he was 2 lbs 6 ounces at the last ultrasound--I'm pretty sure he's over the half pound mark (yikes) His blinking little eyelids are now open and covered with eyelashes! As a result of his functional oculars-he is more sensitive to drastic light changes. For instance, he may be able to tell the difference if I am in a bright room-naked bellied- as opposed to with a shirt covering or a dark room. ***Justin and I did test this out the other night with a flash light on the belly--he gave some pretty serious kicks and then we stopped cause we felt guilty blinding our child ;)*** This week, the Buddy Boy also starts getting some quality zzz's, with the REM sleep he's now getting. (dreaming in-utero!) Most importantly, his lungs are near full maturity! (insert deep SIGH of relief here!)
Week 29- This week the boy is about 15-17 inches tall and is tipping the scales at 2 1/2-3 lbs! (note: they've stopped comparing to fruit...we're talking tri-tip now! kidding) He is about 3 or so inches away from his final birth length but still has much more weight to gain (ugh...) In the next 11 weeks he may double or triple his current weight. (seriously?? no room at the inn!) This weight gain will also take an astronomical amount of my calcium to deposit into this little boy's bones--a whopping 250 milligrams a day! As he's marinating and plumping up, Jaxon will continue to practice his life skills-sucking, muscle coordination, breathing etc. And the scariest fact of the week; His head continues to grow this week to accommodate his expanding brain! I can't even comment further on this occurrence.... :0
We are looking forward to our week of family fun and seeing all of you! And if we aren't lucky enough to see you face to face between now and then...
Merry Christmas!
much love,
Justin, Robin and Jaxon
Valentine's Dinner
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment