Friday, December 12, 2008

Are you ready for this one???




Yesterday was the diagnostic ultrasound in which they take measurements of Jaxon's appendages, head and belly to better gage his growth...and boy has been growing! We walking into the office at 24 weeks 2 days and walked out of there at 27 weeks 2 days!!! That's right--our due date has been moved up to the 10th of March. Yikes!! that's less than 13 weeks away! So here is where he is at 27 weeks...


According to the ultrasound, our guy weighs 2lbs 6 ounces (a little bigger than the books average). He is about 14 1/2 inches long! He has developed a definite sleeping pattern-sleeping and waking at varying intervals. On the ultrasound I was able to see him yawning, searching for his hands, stretching and at one point he stretched his little legs up straight and wiggled his toes against his forehead!!! He is positioned head down, sunnyside up with toes either pointing down or curling up fetal style. His lungs are still immature, but are capable of functioning now with a lot of medical help. Which brings me to the next...


Let me start with--we are ok. Now for the story...on the ultrasound the tech detected some opening of the cervix (probably TMI...sorry). Because of this and other factors...they then did a physical exam and a fetal fibronectin test to determine if I was in preterm labor. I was sent to the hospital (which is quiet nice by the way-my first time there) for further monitoring. After about an 1 1/2 and 2 contractions, they let me go home with orders to return this morning. I returned to the hospital this morning for another NST (non-stress test...yeah right!) and didn't contract while I was there...yay! So I am now on modified bedrest and they have taken me off work until Tuesday when I will go Back to the hospital for yet another but hopefully the last NST and then to a perinatologist. There I will have another ultrasound to see if that expert agrees with my tech on the opening issue. So at this point we are in a waiting game till Tuesday. Best case scenario-the perinatologist doesn't see the same things and clears me back to normal life. Worse case involves bedrest and more medical interventions. I have been assured by all medical staff that Jaxon is just fine and is showing no signs that he has any idea what's going on out here.


So everyone think positive thoughts and I'm sure we'll be just fine!


here are some new Jaxon pics to enjoy---the tech kept commenting on how much he seems to love his picture being taken! Such a ham...wonder where that came from??


Much love to you all


Justin, Robin and Jaxon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin,

My name is Amanda, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I read your blog with interest and thought you might like to learn more about the test. Check out www.fullterm.net, and feel free to include the site as a link to your blog so that readers can access the information. We also have a fanpage on Facebook, which we would love for you to join.

Additionally, if you're interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the FullTerm Test, please contact me by emailing fullterm@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets. In the last few months we've secured stories in Working Mother magazine, the FitPregnancy Blog and the Boston Parent's Paper. Most recently we secured the following article on the popular pregnancy and parenting website iParenting.com: http://tinyurl.com/cuwwqw.

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Amanda