Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jaxon is 4.

(long over due...but here we go!)
10 things to know about 4 year old Jaxon Mathew Simmons
1.  You are a professional when it comes to identifying vehicles.  Fire truck, fire engine, different tractors, motorcycle vs. dirt bike.  You are the expert!  I dare anyone to try to slip an incorrect label past you!
2. Speaking of vehicles, you are still obsessed.  With all things that operate on wheels.  You love your dirt bike (yes you have a dirt bike with NO training wheels.  As well as a peddle bike (also sans training wheels).  
3.  Favorite food this year?? You guessed it.  Grilled cheese is still at the top.  However you have refined your tastes and now prefer "Manny's grilled cheese" (Manny is a fabulous server at the Club)  The sandwich is not complete, however, without a side of Papa dip (also known as ranch dip).  Morning, noon or night when asked what you would like to eat 9 times out of 10 you will say Grilled Cheese.
4. When you grow up you have decided that you will either be a dirt bike racer like Uncle Max or possibly a race car driver.  The second option changes often...fireman, policeman, helicopter pilot.  But always a dirt bike rider. And by the way, that scares your poor mother more than the other three choices!!
5. You are the inventor of new words/phrases.  The things that exit your mouth crack me up and make me shake my head daily.  You are just really beginning to realize just how your words effect others.  You are trying your hand at joke telling (haven't exactly gotten this down yet) because you really love to make other laugh.  You say the sweetest things without realizing just how wise, genuine and sweet you are being.  You are also working on the opposite of sweet.  Angry words are rearing their ugly heads.  But since you often make up these words, I silently chuckle at your creativity.  Oh.  Favorite made up word to date---Brozin.  The word you made up to describe Wyatt. A cousin who's like a brother=brozin
6. I add in your love for music every year but this year has hit a new extreme.  I am impressed with your singing voice and your ability to remember and sing lyrics!  You also have a wonderfully developing sense of rhythm. (Aunt B is very proud!)  
7. You are a FISH!  You started out the summer not wanting to put your face in the water.  You would not even get into the beach area without a floaty on.  And then one day you changed your mind.  You are such a strong swimmer.  You have a great kick.  You love to hang out on the bottom of the pool.  You are still working on using your arms (your stoke) and also love to use a snorkel mask.  You are very confident in the water.  I'm proud of the way you have pushed through your comfort zone and found something fabulously fun that you are so good at!
8. Your imagination is on overload!  You have the best imagination play.  You lead your sister in all types of different adventures.  There are many fires that have been successfully extinguished thanks to you and your firefighting partner.  Another favorite is talking Camren into playing the part of some type of pet for you (dog, cat, and I seem to remember a cow?)  To help with your playtime, we have set up a dress-up area in the play room so that you guys can transform into any character you desire.
9. Your best things.  Camren, Wyatt, your bunnies, bike rides, grilled cheese, the color red, LEGOS (ugh...these tiny little pieces should have had their own number!), nectarines, mango, Paw Patrol (new cartoon), Team Umizoomi, snuggles, reading books.
10. Jaxon, my son, you are all heart and extremes.  You feel everything jumbo sized.  You LOVE or you HATE (even though this isn't a word you use).  There is very little grey in your world.  And I love this about you.  I love the deep commitment to your emotions and your fierce resolve.  And I love watching as your world grows bigger, as your views on life become more broad, as you open your arms to include more VIP's into your life and as your self-confidence blossoms daily.  I am excited to be the Guide to your journey...as I know that you will continue to bring great excitement to my day, brightness to my life and a love deeper than I have ever known.




No comments: