Top 10 Things to Know About Jaxon at 3 years old.
1. Last year I was worried that you would never talk. I now worry that you'll never stop talking! ;-) You love your words. And it amazes me how much your vocabulary has grown over the past 12 months. You love learning new words and using new phrases. (even though you don't believe that discombobulated is a word)
2. Because of your new found appreciation for the spoken language, you have also become a master negotiator. You try to negotiate your bedtime (No mom, look...it's not time yet) what you eat off of your plate (I'll eat 1 bite and then get more....). Your most frequent negotiations victim? Camren. You will talk circles around your sister until you get what you want.
3. Hanny Manny. You love this cartoon. You know all of the characters names, the phrases most used and pretty much all of the episodes. Handy Manny was your choice for your birthday party theme. You also chose to be Handy Manny for Halloween this year. He is "your best guy" (your highest compliment)
4. Mangos and Burritos. Those are the two foods that currently rank on top of your list. While you still enjoy last year's fav (strawberries) as often as we have them...mangos and burritos are often your request. If we are at MeeMaw and Mamoo's house--you always ask for a burrito! It's your favorite thing to eat at their house for certain.
5. Asthma. While it's not the most fun to talk about...it's important. You are still attached to a nebulizer machine every night. You've been to an Allergist (same one Camren sees) and he has you taking Zytrec every night. You are not aware of this. All you know is that you get a spoonful of "chocolate peanut butter" (Nutella) every night before your "breathe". We still carry an inhaler around where ever you go, but since you started your new treatments we haven't had to use it once! This summer you will go back to the allergist for some testing to see exactly what starts up your attacks.
6. If Dance Parties were big in year 2...they are Humongous in year 3! You love music. And you love to dance. Every time you hear a good song, your little foot starts tapping. Or your fingers start wiggling. And before you know it your whole body is wiggling. You literally can not help yourself. You love to dance. Top of your charts right now? I'm Sexy and I know It- LMFAO (not super proud of this...but it's the most adorable thing to watch you shake it and sing along with the cleaned up version) and of course BEP can still make you wiggle. I hope that you will always give into your heart's desire to shake it!
7. Your Buddies. This is what you call your friends. You have a pretty big group of friends for a 3 year old boy who doesn't attend a day care. Adam,Taylor and Oliver are your top dogs...along with Baby Ethan. (whom you refer to as simply "My Buddy") We do dinners, park dates, play dates, zoo dates and "gotta get this mommy outta the house" dates! They are good friends and I hope that you are able to maintain your relationships with them as we get older.
8. POTTY TRAINED! Yahoo! Some where between 2-3 you just decided it was time. And off came the diapers and on went the big boy underwear. You are just like your Dad and have the bladder of a camel. You are really great at "listening to your body" and accidents are very infrequent. Love to see your little booty shaking during a dance party in your underroos. Adorable! I do not promise that I am not in possession of any photographic evidence of this (or video for that matter) I know these will come in handy someday.
9. Camren- she is the irritation in your scream, the shriek in your laughter, the sass in your "NO". You love her (and fight her) fiercely. This year the two of you are actually playing with each other. Ok so a lot of the times your playing looks like a Battle field. But none the less, you seek her out constantly. What's Sister doing? Where's Sister going? Come on Sister... No one makes her laugh the way you do, and no one makes you laugh the way she does. Wrestling has become your favorite thing to do with Camren. I know that in the future you will be a fearsome twosome to deal with. You already use her in negotiations...I can't even imagine what's to come when she's verbal! Remember that you love her. Even when you are positive that you don't. Remember.
10. There are so many things that I know I have forgotten or have left out...I think that everything about you is important. And to pick just 10 is near impossible. You are kind and sensitive and gentle hearted. Things break your heart in a flash but after a few tears you forgive and move on. I never thought that I would be writing to encourage you to remain sensitive to your emotions (sometimes they overwhelm me)...but please Jaxon, my dear boy...stay true to your heart. It is a gift to be so open, so loving, so concerned. These are things that will take your from being a good guy to a Great Man. I love you with more than my body can hold.

No comments:
Post a Comment