Thursday, February 26, 2009

35 weeks and counting...

I apologize for going MIA lately.  But I haven't really had much to tell...So here is a quick run-down of the last few weeks...
We've been going to the Dr for weekly appointments now.  She checks my weight (yay...) blood pressure,  listens to Jax heartbeat and measures my fundal height (from the top of my pubic bone to the top of my uterus) and after answering any questions we may have...sends us on our merry way.  The fundal measurement is still ahead of schedule-by how much I'm not sure.  She usually doesn't tell me the numbers since this isn't an accurate way of determining baby size.  At the last appointment she did tell me that from the outside he doesn't "feel" as big as we've been concerned he will be, but we are still waiting on the final ultrasound (Thurs March 5th) for the most current measurements.  If he is still ahead-we will talk induction for the next week.  If he seems to be in closer range of the gestational time line, we will have the option to let nature do its thing.  So for now (and for the past month) its been a wait and see game.
In other news--we are now well into week 35...his lungs are mature, as are all of his other vital organs...his only job now is to pack on the pounds (ok...I'm packing pounds...he's doing ounces)  This also means that we are now operating on  new labor and delivery rules.  Prior to this week, if I had more than 4-6 contractions in an hour, I was told to guzzle the water and rest for an hour-If they didn't stop I was to go directly to L&D.  Now the rules are that I am to stay at home until my contractions are 3-5 min apart for at least an hour (so they have to be close and consistent) or my water breaks.  I've also been put on travel restrictions and need to stay close to home (boo...) just in case labor starts.
We have our hospital bags packed (well mostly packed...and definitely by the weekend!) and our phone lists made! Know that you will be getting a text message from Justin if we go into the hospital and Jax's decides to make a surprise appearance to let everyone know without taking the time to call everyone.  Once we get settled in for the long haul--he'll make the appropriate calls.  Of course if we induce...you'll all know the appointment time and can make your own plans!
So there you have it for now at least...We will let you know what happens Thursday!
hope all is well...
Justin, Robin and Jaxon

No comments: