As you all know by now--we are indeed expecting a baby Simmons. It hasn't been quite a week yet since the discovery and it already seems like a life time ago. Here is a run down of the Big Shock!
I had a sneaking suspicion during the week that Justin and I were in San Jose for the Firefighter Olympics (GO BOOZERS!). We finally got home Friday night and crashed. Justin got up for work early, while I was grateful for a day to sleep in! Around 7:30 my bladder was screaming for mercy--and I decided now was as good a time as any to pee on the stick (not an easy task). I was figuring that I'd do my business and crawl back for some uninterrupted Zzz's. I wasn't expecting that Pink line to shoot up so violently and yet there is was. I was in complete shock! I crawled back in bed, watched (more like starred at) Other Boelyn Girl and began processing. Luckily Beth called 4 hours later and I blurted it to her. Her excitement allowed me to get excited--now I had to tell Justin.
I was sooo nervous about this part.(i know right?) We had just had some serious and lengthy discussions about waiting for at least a year, we aren't ready, let's get things in order, have some fun, take some trips....I finally called him at work-blurted it rather uneventfully and waited for his response. It was of course excitement and positive words.
Our first Dr appointment is Thursday August 7th. We'll get to hear the heart beat and find out exactly how far along this thing is (we're thinking about 8 weeks by then). We'll keep you all posted with details! Thanks for sharing this with us...
Much love-Justin and Robin
Valentine's Dinner
12 years ago

3 comments:
Oh My GOD!!!! YAY! Boy are you guys good!
So...let me get this straight.....if your not on birth control for six months, you can get pregnant? WTF I would have never known...=)
Lucky Lucky baby ... to be born into a world where both parents are already so much in love with her :) I am so very happy for you both ... okay happy for me mostly, but you two too!!!
I love you MUCHO
Post a Comment